1. WordPress runs 29.9% of the entire internet
- 50-60% is WordPress’ share of the global CMS market – making it the most popular CMS of them all for the 7th year in a row.
- New York Observer, New York Post, TED, Thought Catalog, Williams, USA Today, CNN, Fortune.com, TIME.com, National Post, Spotify, TechCrunch, CBS Local, NBC, and more all use WordPress
- WordPress is the fastest growing CMS, with roughly 500+ new sites being built daily in the top 10 million websites on the web (compared to Shopify’s and Squarespace’s 60-80)
- WordPress powers 14.7% of the “Top 100 websites” in the world.
- 37 million global Google searches for “WordPress” are made per month.
- The keyword “WordPress” gets googled around 2.8 million times every month.
- Around 19,500,000 websites on the entire web use WordPress
- 22% of new domains in the US are run with WordPress
2. There are approximately 76.5+ million WordPress websites
- WordPress reaches 181 million monthly unique views – the 4th most viewed platform in the US after Google, Facebook, and Yahoo.
- 50,000 WordPress websites are being launched daily.
- 409 million+ people view more than 21.3 billion pages each month.
- 81.8 million new posts and 44.9 million new comments are added monthly.
- Over 12 million new pages and 35 million file uploads are added each month.
- 24.7 million files are uploaded to WordPress sites monthly.
- WordPress gets more unique visitors than Amazon (126 million per month vs. 96 million per month).
3. Heavy World-Wide Support
- Around 27.000 support requests get added monthly.
- There were 80 official WordCamps held in 29 countries in 2014.
- There are 840+ meetup groups for WordPress all over the world.
- 249,973 active members in WordPress meetup groups all over the world.
- 66 countries and 535 cities is where you can find WordPress meetup groups.
- 2,030,000+ topics on the official WordPress support forum.